When you’re looking to invest in solar, you should arm yourself with as much information as possible in order to realize maximum benefit. We’ve provided seven tips here for your information.
Sunrise Energy is a locally owned, family operated business.
Everyone from our employees to our clients become a part of the Sunrise Energy Family.
Give us a call today for your solar, heating, and cooling needs: 916-791-2426
License No.: 977486
Copyright © 2021 Sunrise Energy Solutions
1. When leasing or doing a PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), always get it in writing how much your interest rate actually is and how much you will actually pay back over the life of the agreement.
2. When doing a lease or PPA make sure you find out what type of lien will be put on your house. If it is a mechanics lien, you will need to pay it off if you want to refinance your home.
3. Use a company that has been in business over for 3 years. You want to make sure that if you have issues down the road they will be there to serve you.
4. Get three quotes and compare apples to apples. There are a variety of pricing options available for inverters and panels and you want to make sure you are getting the best deal.
5. Make sure you check general liability and worker’s compensation insurance and ask the solar company if they subcontract the installation. If they do you need to see the insurance of the installation team (subcontractor).
6. You should pay on average $3.50 a watt for a system (micro-inverters and panels). Some companies may charge up to $5.00 a watt for the same product and service. Why pay an extra $10,000 for the same system?
7. Always check a company's contractor’s licenses to make sure it is in good standing (CSLB.ca.gov).